Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Cookies







Well, we finally got around to making the cookies. Jared got the job of mixing the dough with the food coloring since the dough was a little hard (Jared has bigger muscles). While he was busy stiring in the red, yellow, and green, I attempted to figure out the machine. Santa had given me a cookie cutting machine-I don't know how else to explain it. But I took too long trying to figure out how to get the cookies dough in there. In the end, I just read the instructions over and over, and Jared caught up and figured out the machine too. What would I do without my smart engineer?


Jared had a hay-day cutting the cookies out of the machine onto the pan, so I just watched to make sure they didn't get burnt. The sugar cookies turned out really well and we got to make gold stars, green Christmas trees, and red poinsettas. I would consider our Christmas cookies a success for this year!

2 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Cute cookies! You'll have to teach me how to make those sometimes. They turned out much better than ours this year. :) It's so great to see you are blogging now, we'll add you to our list and check it often. Merry Christmas...and thanks for the gift! You are very thoughtful!!

Brewer's Ink said...

So fun. We never got our sugar cookies done this year (I guess that's what Grandma's house is for). It was great seeing you at Christmas! Hope you had a good 1st one together, and a nice trip.