Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Winter Vacation


Two days after Christmas, Jared and I headed off to Dayton, Nevada to visit Barry and Jeanni's family and TJ and Sunshine. We had a great time staying there playing games, cooking good food, staying up late, and skiing/skateboarding. We got to go snowboarding and skiing at Diamond Peak, which is close to Lake Tahoe(a beautiful lake). Jared was very patient in teaching me to ski, considering that I had no experince in snow. So we really had to go to the basics. I got to go in a ski class, which was good- especially considering that Jared was very pleased with the progress I'd made ( I had gone from terrible to semi-bad). The video shows me before my ski class. Jared was happy to get back in the snow again, and enjoyed snowboarding down mountains with his family.


video

2 comments:

Brewer's Ink said...

Looking good Aubrey! You are braver than I; Erik never could get me to try skiing - well, at least not yet. Looks like you had a great time!

Eric and Rozanne said...

You were a great sport! Everyone has to start there. I was hoping to see a good crash on the video, but you were so cautiuos! :)