Monday, February 23, 2009

Beach Cruisers







The other weekend, Jared thought it would be a fun idea to buy us some beach cruisers. So we went with our friends, Abe and Holly Oyler to go pick some out. I picked out a pink one and added a little basket on the front. Jared picked out a very manly looking bike that was black with a brown leather seat and handlebars. Later that day we all went out for a bike ride to eat at a Mexican resturant, we had a blast (though I almost died going uphill twice).












This last Saturday Jared and I decided to go bike riding again, this time around Mile Square Park. It turned out to be a blast! We found a duck pond with all sorts of birds(including lots of seagulls) and I am now looking forward to saving bread heels to feed to the ducks. This was something that I enjoyed doing as a child, so I am excited to share this with Jared. Though I am a little intimidated-one kid got followed by every bird in the pond because he was feeding them bread-so this might be interesting.....Anyways, we also found all of the golf courses, fishing ponds, baseball fields, soccer fields and basketball courts the park had to offer. It was a nice way to spend our Saturday afternoon. We are happy that we bought something that will bring us closer together doing a fun and healthy activity.

3 comments:

Kavahei said...

That sounds like some crazy fun stuff. I am SOOO jealous of you. Maybe sometime, I will convice my parents and we will come visit you guys. By the way, I dont know if you remember us going to the park and feeding the ducks? We also used to go with Grandpa and watch the birds eat in there back yard. Sounds like fun stuff! Miss ya!

Eric and Rozanne said...

Sounds like a great activity for fun! Cute bikes! I remember Eric and I buying rollerblades when we were first married and going rollerblading with some friends occasionally. When I got pregnant with Alex, Eric didn't think it was safe for me to do it anymore...he was so protective of me when I was pregnant. Course, I wasn't ever very good at rollerblading. :)

Brewer's Ink said...

It sounds like there will be lots for the two of you to together out there. How fun!