Friday, April 3, 2009

I have a job!!

I have recently been interviewed with the Irvine School District for an Instrucional Assistant with Special Ed. I honestly didn't think my first interview went all that well considering that they weren't expecting me, and I couldn't remember the lady who had set up the appointment. But to my surprise, I got called in for a second interview. It has been a week since that second interview(experience in the classroom to see how you interact with the children well). So I was beginning to wonder if I had gotten the job or not, I was surprised to see their number on my phone Tuesday. So now I am working on getting all my paperwork done, getting fingerprinted etc. but I am really excited to start this job. I really enjoyed the classroom I did my second interview in, and that is where I will be helping out! It's only a part time job, 12-3 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. But it is a really good experience and I look forward to learning better techniques to helping kids succeed in school.

10 comments:

Wilson's Wonderful World said...

That's awesome. Congratulations.

T and Jackie Isom said...

Yay for employment!

Clint and Jen said...

Yah! I am so happy for you.

Erica said...

Way to go! That'll be fun for ya. :)

Barry and Jeanni said...

Good job! I bet your fish will miss you while you are gone :)

Steph and Joe said...

yay i'm so glad it worked out! i didn't realize it was so part-time but it's a great place to work you'll love it.

Brewer's Ink said...

Congratulations! That sounds like it will be a great place for you to work.

Eric and Rozanne said...

Congratulations! Sounds like perfect hours...not too early, not too late and Wednesdays off. You can't beat that. It will give you good experience too if you decide to go into Early Childhood Ed.

Joy Marie Lee said...

Congratulations! Irvine School District is one of the best districts to work for in Orange County. If I go back to teaching after the baby I hope can get a job there.

Digital scrapbooking is totally easy. I'll for sure show you how to do it when we move closer. But just in case you don’t want to wait…you can go to the website I posted and purchase a beginner CD for only $15. It comes with awesome tutorial videos and some paper/embellishments to get you started. All you need to get started is any version of Photoshop Elements 4 or higher.

So how do you like living in Fountain Valley? Is that where you live? I’m so jealous. I made Ben look at your blog and all the fun things you guys are doing. I miss the beach so much and can’t wait to move back.

Brad and Danielle said...

That's great! Congrats on the new job! I'm glad you found one, especially in this economy!