Thursday, April 9, 2009

Park Adventures



It is one of my all time favorite things to do, to go feed the ducks. Don't ask me why- I just get a big kick out of it, and it relaxes me. We are lucky to have a big park across the street that has a pond with all kinds of ducks there to go feed. Yesterday, my friend Stephanie agreed to come with me and feed the ducks with the near-moldy bread I had been saving. We had fun seeing all types of birds including cranes, mallards, geese, and other birds I don't know the names of. But the best part started when we were done with the bread and walked around the pond. Look what we found!

These ducklings are absolutely the most adorable things ever! Oh I was dying to just grab one and take it home! I tried to zoom in so you can see how fluffy they are, they just look so soft. Unfortunately, they kept on coming up to us, thinking we had bread to give them. We felt really bad that we hadn't saved any. Had we known baby ducklings/geese were around the corner, we would have saved the whole bag for them! They were just too precious not to post!

4 comments:

Wilson's Wonderful World said...

Cute! and Camilla says, "really cute!"

katie said...

I LOVE baby ducklings!! It looks like you are enjoying California. There is so much to do and explore there so definately enjoy every minute. I have a friend who just moved back here from Cali and she misses it everyday. Congrats on the job and I can't wait to see more fun places you go...maybe we will come explore some of them with the kids one day...

Steph and Joe said...

Aww that was fun! I'm sorry my eyes are closed in that picture. Not my best shot...haha. We'll have to go again and bring the guys!

Eric and Rozanne said...

The ducks really are cute, and I'm like you...I just love getting out and getting some fresh air or going for a walk when the weather is nice. It's nice to be able to find joy in the simple things.