Wednesday, May 13, 2009

16.5 weeks- 4 months along & going strong!

Jared and I went in for yet another appointment this week to see how our little munchkin is doing! Jared got to hear the heart beat for the first time, so he loved that. Once again, this baby likes to play hide and seek with the heart beat contraption, and as soon as the doctor would get a good strong beat...our little one would move around so we had to dig around to find it again! Silly baby! We got a surprise this week, the ultrasound lady had some extra time so she took us in to see another ultrasound(un-scheduled). I love seeing the ultrasounds they are so fun! But the baby looks bigger than the last time we went in (9.5 weeks) and we had fun looking at our wiggly baby. We got a good shot in between the legs-at this point it is looking like it may be a girl-but they can't see well enough to declare that its a girl...yet. At twenty weeks we go in again and will for sure find out(if the baby cooperates)! We also caught it in the act of either sucking its thumb, or picking its nose(that was the ultrasound lady's opinion). Everything looks great and healthy so far and we are so excited to find out if its a boy or girl!

For those of you who are asking, I am still feeling well, sometimes I completely forget I am pregnant because I don't feel all that different. No sickness unless serious hormonal imbalance counts(poor Jared) and I am getting really big-these pants won't last much longer even with the buttons undone. Anyway, excited to see that everything so far is going along well!

4 comments:

Brody and Erin said...

Hey Aubrey & Jared! We are so excited for you guys and can't wait till your little bundle of joy gets here. It the best thing in the world to be parents... you are going to love it! You need to post some belly pictures soon. We can't wait to find out what you are having. If you ever need any baby advice feel free to give us a call. Your baby will be here before you know it! Keep us updated on everything. :)

Barry and Jeanni said...

I loved to get ultrasounds! They are sooo fun. You should blog pics of your belly as it grows. I wish I would have done that. I only have bare belly pics of the day Jaidyn was born. Those are fun too!

Eric and Rozanne said...

Sounds like it will probably be a girl...how exciting! Yes, I agree with Jeanni, take pictures all along while you are pregnant. I only have a few, and don't think I have any of my last two. It's so fun to hear the heartbeat and get ultrasounds...I loved it too! I'm glad you are feeling well.

Brewer's Ink said...

Picking the nose . . . definitely! That made me laugh! Can't wait to meet that baby someday in the future, and see what her/his personality is like. What was your personality in the womb like? I remember your mom always talking about Jesse's spurs.