Monday, May 4, 2009

Nothing he can't do...



Jared has signed up to play church softball for a few months and he has played two games so far. Jared usually plays soccer, basketball, or football so I was a little surprised to find out he had willingly decided to commit his Saturday mornings to this. But boy was I surprised to see him out there playing like a champ! One thing I am learning about Jared is that he may act like he's not that good at something, or that its not a strength of his, but that there is literally nothing he can't seem to do well! This Saturday was a good game for the team even though they lost by six points. When I showed up with Holly Oyler to watch- they were down to 0-16 or something like that. But they pulled together and did really well the rest of the game! Jared caught some difficult balls in the outfield (jared dived and caught a ball that almost dropped because it was at the tip of his glove) and hit some really good balls that got his teammates to score some points.



I like to watch Jared out there playing with good men from our ward. I appreciate church sports for the opportunity it gives men to have fun together in a good(most of the time) environment. I like watching Jared joking around and having fun letting stress from the week off. I am so proud of him for giving softball all he has- even though he thinks its something he's not good at. But I want him to know that there is nothing he can't do....

2 comments:

Rozanne said...

I feel a lot the same way about Eric...maybe it runs in the family. :)

T and Jackie Isom said...

T is the same way. Everything he tries he does well at...I wish I had that quality because I soo don't!