Since being pregnant I've gotten more hormonal, more round, more backaches, more foot cramps, and more commentary than I've ever thought possible. These are my favorite comments(usually from strangers)- and ones I would certainly suggest not telling a cranky, sensitive, and un-humored pregnant lady.
1. "You're so small!" Thanks for that-not sure how to respond, is that a compliment?
2. "Are you sure you're not having twins??" This one is very contradictory to number one, but one I have gotten often. Which one is it- am I small or huge!?
3. "Are you sure you're not having a boy- you carry so low" Uhhhh....no I didn't really pay attention to the part in the ultrasound when they were pointing out what sex my child was. YES I'M PRETTY DARN POSITIVE IT'S A GIRL!
4. "Are you eating??" This particular comment came from a women in the checkout line at walmart mind you. I was not humored in the least bit- Yes, I am purposely trying not to feed my own baby.
5. "Due any day now?" Nope- but now that I feel really huge, let me go crawl in a hole for the next two and a half months...
6. "You already can't wear your wedding rings?!" Obviously not since they are around my neck- which I'm not taking off because if I do, then I will start getting comments (besides the looks) of "Are you a teen pregnancy?"
7. "Is this you're first?" This one makes me laugh just because I know I look young, so do I honestly look old enough to have a second child??? (Hence why I wear my wedding rings at all times)
I guess I shouldn't take any of these comments to heart- and at least people acknowledge that I am pregnant instead of ignoring the obvious fact. And I suppose I should just get used to it- I've heard once you have the baby...a whole new stream of advice comes flooding in. For now I'll try to enjoy the commentary.