Monday, August 3, 2009

Kara's Visit!


My baby sister came into town for the weekend on Thursday and left on Saturday. We had a ton of fun going to the beach, going on bike rides, eating frozen bananas, and staying up late watching movies. Jared took her and taught her how to body surf, and I was impressed at her perseverance. She was wiped out by the time we left the beach, but she was a great trooper! I felt like an idiot at the edge of the beach laughing hysterically to myself because it was such a funny sight to watch. I have to admit she did much better than I did my first time though, and I'm sure my experience body surfing would send even a stranger on a roller coaster of laughter. So Kara did really well!
I hadn't realized how much I missed her until it was dawning on me that she had to leave at the end of the weekend. That was hard to say goodbye since she is in school at BYU so I don't know when we will have the opportunity to meet up again.
Kara got to feel her niece moving around in my tummy- and that freaked her out a little. Jared and I both found it very entertaining :) Among the fun things we did, (upon request) we made homemade tortillas and white chicken lasagna, and banana nut bread. Apparently when you are a starving college student, homemade food is on the top of the list as far as "I miss it" goes.

It was fun to have her visit, and we were glad she decided to come down to see us for the weekend. We miss you!!

3 comments:

Brody and Erin said...

That's nice that you got to hang out with your sister. I know how you feel when family leaves. My brother was here for the weekend and I was so sad when he left. You are looking so cute with your belly! I LOVE IT! I've made some cute flowers for your baby girl. I will mail them off sometime this week! We miss you guys!

Wilson's Wonderful World said...

Funny thing, Camilla was looking at my old photo album today, and saw a picture of you holding Kara when she was a baby, and she wanted to know who the baby was. Now look at you both! How fun to have Kara come. I sure miss all of you.

Erica said...

Wait, I know how you could see her again. Plan a trip to IDAHO! We've been trying to figure out how to get her up here to visit everyone here. So, it would work out great! Plus, I want to see your prego belly. :) What do you think??? :)