Tuesday, October 13, 2009

38 weeks and counting...

Just a quick update on how the baby's coming along...
Only 13 days left until the official due date(October 26) and I went in today to see what progress is being made. To my relief, the baby has almost dropped all the way (or at least getting there) which was my guess(due to two great nights sleep without her in my ribs) and 1cm dilated!! Yahoo! I know this really doesn't mean a whole lot, it could still be the full two weeks or more until she comes, but it gives me hope that she's at least headed in the right direction(no pun intended). So I was pretty thrilled to hear that there was some progress made. I gained 3 pounds since last week, and 2 the week before, so I'm starting to think she won't be such a small baby like I had hoped. I've gained 32 pounds since the first time I went in to the doctors so I told my doctor the baby has to come next week since I'm not wanting to gain more than 35 pounds. Think baby is listening? Probably not. But I can still hope right? Blood pressure is great, I'm measuring right on, so everything is going really well medically. Jared and I are taking the Lamaze classes, our last one is Thursday night, which have been very informative to say the least. Fortunately for me, Jared is paying close attention- they just freak me out that my body is going to do all this wonderful stuff. But I'm excited that I'll have a great coach, I have no doubt Jared will be fantastic at keeping me calm and helping me in any way he can. With the birthing classes out of the way, all we need is the baby, and I think we're just about ready!

8 comments:

Brody and Erin said...

*You look GREAT! Nothing but belly! Can't wait till the baby comes and to see pictures... keep us posted!

Hillary said...

I'm so glad you're so close! At this point in my pregnancy I was already so jittery and anxious because I just wanted to see my baby! I'm glad you're a little more even tempered than me. haha. People kept telling me "patience is a virtue." Obviously I don't have that virtue. You seem like you do, and that will keep you sane. I hope. For your sake. :)

Clint and Jen said...

Hi Aubrey, the crib looks great, I love the bedding it is so cute. My e-mail address is moodmissprude@aol.com. I will call Aleisha today and see when a good time to visit teach her is and let you know and I will call Cassie. Have a great day.

Brewer's Ink said...

The crib looks so pretty. Can't wait to see your pretty little baby in it.

Jessie said...

Hey you two! I started wondering if you'd had that little girl yet and decided to do a quick Google search to see if you had a blog. And you do! Hurray! Hope all's well in Cali, and good luck with the delivery!

Steph and Joe said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! Aubrey you look great! And the crib...
I got teary eyed reading this I can't wait to meet her:)

T and Jackie Isom said...

You look so cute! I'm glad things are working out for you. It looks like you're ready to meet your little one!

Wilson'swonderfulworld said...

You look uncomfortable. Oh man, just looking at you all those "one more week" memories come flooding back. How fun it all is, though, setting up the crib and getting everything ready for baby. The birth will be what it is, but don't hesitate to ask for painkillers anytime you want them. I have gotten to the point I ask for them as soon as I'm through the door.

Happy Birthday! I still remember going to see your mom the night you were born, and here you are about to have one of your own.