Saturday, November 28, 2009

5 weeks old!

I can't believe our little Addie is already over 5 weeks old now! Since being pregnant, I've started to understand that time really does go fast- already I can't believe that she was ever in my tummy...and now a month's already gone by! Where does the time go??

Adelyn has been doing really well this week, almost too good...makes me nervous that somethings coming. She has slept at least four hours at a time during the night since Monday, and just last night, she slept from 10:30-5:20!! That's seven hours!!!! I was so shocked, and not even a peep from her when she woke up (unless grunting counts). What a little angel! But like I mentioned, I'm trying not to get my hopes up since next week she'll probably go back to sleepless nights again. But cross your fingers for us that it stays this way! :)

Addie is really starting to smile a lot now. She is pretty ticklish, and loves having her dad play "running" with her legs. I just love it when she gives little smiles, it makes me that much happier to know she's happy too.
At least once a day, I try to give her some personal play time so I usually put her underneath this baby play thing we have. She actually does really well, and loves to look at the animals hanging above her. We have such a good girl!



Lately, I've been putting her in this sling that Jared's sister, Jeanni gave to us, and she's been loving it! I just pop her in there when she's fussy and go walking around outside (which she also loves) and she goes to sleep, or hushes up within seconds. Its great! Thank you so much for giving it to us!




Bath times have also become more pleasant, though we only have about a 5 minute time frame. She's good until about then- and then she's ready to get out. But for now we are satisfied with five minutes of relaxation.



As of this week, Addie has discovered her hands and now sucks on them as soon as she can find them. Blowing bubbles is also a new thing-and she just loves to make a mess slobbering everywhere. She also has a special talent of doing her own hair already. I didn't even touch her hair (which is sadly now falling out a bit) and I realized all of a sudden that she had a pretty little hairdo going. We are not purpously trying to raise a punk-rocker, but I guess if that's who she want to be... I suppose we can allow it :)We put up the Christmas decorations yesterday, and Addie loves to look at the lights! She just lays there staring at them in awe, its pretty cute. We are so excited for Christmas this year- I am particularly excited for Santa to visit and I am trying to get Addie hyped about it- so far she doesn't really share my excitement. Maybe next year...

8 comments:

Hillary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hillary said...

Awww!! I love her! She's so cute. Isn't it fun to see her learn things! Like find her hands and occupy herself and stare at lights. It's all so fun. I love the picture of all of you on the bed... :) It's really cute! And I'm glad she's sleeping a bit better! That's great. I'm not sure if you've heard this, but babies usually have fussy/growth spurt times during the "3's and 6's". So, 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, and so on. Anyway... I always told myself it was ok if Ethan was fussy during one of those weeks. haha. What a cutie you have!

Barry and Jeanni said...

Soo, sweet, I miss you guys!

Wilson'swonderfulworld said...

She's a doll, and getting to be so alert! Her nightime sleep schedule sounds about right too. It is in the 2nd month (usually) that they really start wanting to be up more during the day and sleeping at night. Your mom always told me to just "get through the first month, and everything will start getting better." And you made it through your first month :).

I bet she is loving the lights on the tree. This year we can't keep Mary Emma away from ours. She points to it and jabbers away, and then goes up and pulls the ornaments off :). IT's amazing the difference a year can make.

Brewer's Ink said...

Unbelievable that it's already been 5 weeks! She's growing more beautiful all the time!
Enjoy your sleep, whenever you get it, and I hope she keeps sleeping through the night for you.
Love you. Missed you all on Turkey Day!

Brody and Erin said...

Love the new pics! She is so cute and is getting so big! It goes by so fast!!! Glad she is doing so well and is a good little girl for you. :)

Nat said...

she's so adorable!!! enjoy every second of it, i'm so sad that ellie isn't five weeks old anymore. She's an old lady of nine! Addie is so cute!!

Eric and Rozanne said...

Crazy that she is 5 weeks old already! She is adorable! Sure wish I would have had one of those slings with my kids. She is doing good on sleeping too. I think my kids started sleeping through the night at about 2 months...course, 3 of 4 of them reverted back at some point, but I least I knew they were capable of it. :)