Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bumbo Buddy!

So ever since working in daycare I have always had a special place in my heart for bumbos. If you don't know what a bumbo is- it's a fantastic chair that supports the baby so they can sit up on their own. I love these chairs for a few reasons....1. It's a genius idea 2. It keeps the baby upright when they're at that stage when they want to look around and not lay around on the floor anymore 3. Pretty much every kid loves them. Well, I've been looking forward to using this bumbo since we got our very own! I even waited 3 whole months to make sure she was ready for the best experience of her life. Needless to say, Adelyn burst my bubble when she didn't absolutely love it as much as I do. We're still working on it.....
Addie pretty much decided it wasn't "her thing" and arched her back trying to get the heck out of there. I must admit- I am very surprised she doesn't like it since she loves to be upright and look at everything. She did like it okay once I gave her a toy to hold onto. Hmmmm we'll just have to keep at it. You wait- one day she will share the love I have for the bumbo....


Addie's experience sitting in the bumbo: A pure disappointment for me....maybe a exersaucer would be better?

2 comments:

Brody and Erin said...

Keira didn't like her first experience with the bumbo either. To be honest she never warmed up to it too much. There were a few times she did okay in it... but for the most part she didn't want anything to do with it. It's funny how kids are so different. Some love things and some hate things. Silly kids! She's getting so big and looking cute as always. Happy belated birthday to Jared!!!

Hillary said...

haha. Yes, at first Ethan didn't LOVE the bumbo either. But, once he was able to grab for things that I put in a basket next to him, he liked it more. There's also an attachment for it that looks like a table... that helps. I just put a few toys on there and it occupies him for while. Good luck! And, yes... every baby is so different... so maybe addie just won't be like her mother in this area and love the bumbo. :)