Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Twenty- Nine....

Yesterday was Jared's twenty ninth birthday....only one more year until a monumental age! ;) As for this year- we got to spend the first birthday of the year with Adelyn...that was fun and not- all at the same time. After Jared got home from work we fed Addie, jumped in the car, and headed off to Red Lobster. Boy howdy that was a mistake! Red Lobster is a good 20 minutes away- so we endured blood curdling screaming the entire way there. We tried everything...all our little tomato (that's what her face resembled) wanted was to get out of the car seat. We finally got there and she decided to be good and stare at everyone. So fortunately for us we got to actually enjoy the birthday dinner. Jared is going to be starting a class in a few weeks to help pass his big engineering test. So he wont be around very much from when that class starts until he's finished with the test- so we were very happy Addie let us enjoy the only opportunity we'll have in awhile to eat out together.

Yes, I got the waiters to sing to him- though to our disappointment, nobody seems to give out a little dessert when its your birthday anymore....oh well good thing there was ice cream waiting at home. Adelyn cooperated better on the way back- and she helped daddy when it was time to open up presents. I did get pictures- but Jared brought the camera to work, so I'll have to post them up later. Addie got him a gift card to Pinkberry (his favorite yogurt place, on stressful days) and we got him a picture frame filled with pictures of the family for Jared to take to work with him, and also the movie UP. We watched the movie after she went to bed....I still cried- I don't know how anyone doesn't.

Thank you for any cards, packages, and phone calls given! I hope that you enjoyed your birthday sweetie- I love you!!

4 comments:

Spencer B said...

I still need to watch Up... haha

Hillary said...

Yay for birthdays!!! How fun. I'm glad Addie cooperated for the most part. :) Oh, and I cry when I watch Up too. Just like you said, how can you not???

Rozanne said...

Happy birthday Jard! Enjoy your last year of your 20's.

Erica said...

Spencer is turning 30 in March! lol Oh, and I cry when I watch up too. I took it to a girls' activity at Alisa's house. That was kind of a bad mistake because it made Grandma think of Grandpa Hunsaker. Oops. I thought she'd enjoy it. lol