Saturday, February 27, 2010

Adelyn is 4 months!

Addie is getting soo big- though everyone always make comments that she is still very small :). We will be going to her doctors appointment for shots and stats early next week, but when I've weighed her on home scales she is somewhere between 13-15 lbs.! Every time I lug her up the stairs(or anywhere, really) I tell her she's too heavy and that she needs to quit growing (...I'm starting to repeate my mother already).


Some things she is doing are:

~Sucking her thumb. She mostly shoves in any fingers that will fit in her mouth, but I've caught her in the act several times now.
~Liking her Bumbo. YAY! She really seems to appreciate it now, especially when I'm busy doing dishes or something, it keeps her occupied. I think a big portion of why she likes it is because she gets fed her cereal in there. That probably helps her like it...
~Rolling all over. Anywhere I leave her is NEVER the same place I find her. She just goes back and forth all over the place. We started putting her on her "official" changing table which has more space so she is getting more difficult to change since she doesn't want to lay still.
~Pouting. Addie has always been great at this, but I finally got a good picture of her sticking her bottom lip out when we had a play date. She didn't appreciate Crue's "lovin".
~Enjoying bath time. Depending on her mood, time with the water can be enjoyable.
~Smiling much more. Even though this picture shows her smiling in her sleep- she smiles at everyone now. I love it! Sometimes she's a little reluctant to show off her gums to strangers...but she doesn't hold back for the ones she loves!
~Growling. Yes, this one is very recent. Not sure why or what she's imitating, but I call her a little dinosaur because that's what the sound reminds me of- a baby dinosaur(even though I don't know exactly what that sounds like).
~Being girly. Yes, we like to put "pretties" on her whenever possible. This is a project I made (it wasn't my idea though, I got the project from Joy) to hold all her hair bows. Now all I need is to make something for all her headbands- being girly takes up a lot of room!

Every new thing she does is so fun- we just love having our little Addie around to entertain us and to love!

8 comments:

Brody and Erin said...

LOVE all the new pics! It's crazy how fast they grow. They are so much fun to watch and play with. I love the craft you made to hold her head band flowers and bows. Such a good idea and so cute! I wish we weren't so far away so we could get together for a play date. One day! I'm sure we'll see you in AZ sometime... since we plan on moving back there. Miss you guys! Give Addie a squeeze for us. So darling!

Hillary said...

So fun. She's growing up so fast it seems! Wow. What a cutie. Love the bow holder too! Look at you miss crafty! You know I love that. :)

Holly said...

I am glad you posted a pic of your bow holder, it turned out so cute

Eric and Rozanne said...

Great pictures of all the new things she is doing! I LOVE the one with her sucking her thumb.

Barry and Jeanni said...

They do grow too fast, each new stage is soo fun though! I can't wait to see her- and you guys of course!

Brad and Danielle said...

That is so fun! I love, love, love her hair bow holder. Too cute! I hope I have a little girl someday.

That's so funny that she growls too. Connor does the same thing! I wonder what that's about?!

Love your cute little girl!

Nat said...

she is so dang cute! i'm excited to see her (and you guys) soon! let's talk about getting together friday night. we'll have the boys call each other.

Brewer's Ink said...

Love the pout and the smile! She's so expressive. Cute bow holder! You did a great job.