Thursday, March 11, 2010

Nature is Calling......

I've never really been a screamer. My mom and sister always fulfilled that role in our family- so I took advantage of that and put cicada shells in their underwear drawers, hair brush, you name it- since I knew we'd all get a good scream out of the prank.



But the tables turned today when I went into the bathroom to grab a tissue- and a high pitched scream escaped my mouth. This is what I found sitting on our toilet seat......
Not sure HOW on earth it got there- or inside the apartment for that matter! But I have a feeling the poor thing's been our little pet for awhile, since it didn't bother to play hide and seek with me. Hardly even moved when I captured it in a box and stuck it outside. Don't worry- no harm was done to the lizard in the making of this blog. I put it right at the bottom of the sunny stairs with another lizard- they like to sun bathe on the bottom two steps. I hope it made a friend....but it probably won't be able to hear for awhile, what with all the screaming.

2 comments:

Brewer's Ink said...

I'm glad you put it in it's natural surroundings, rather than hiding it in your dresser drawers with the crickets! LOL.

Nat said...

I know what you mean, I rarely scream except when a spider creeps on me unexpectedly. I commend your courage.