Thursday, November 4, 2010

Toddler Times

As if Addie didn't enjoy exploring enough before, she seems to do it ten-fold now that she is a one year old. I've been trying to teach her new words lately, so every time we go outside I point out every tree and bush. So now when we go exploring, she likes to point at every plant and say, "dog!" or "duck!". She also associates the pond with a duck too, so when the ducks aren't there I tell her they are gone and sleeping in their beds.....she doesn't buy it, it's still...."duck!!!!" "duck??" "duck?!" without fail.



She's also become very interested in objects Jared and I use, like the flowers I put in my hair, putting on our shoes, and drinking from our cups (partly because her's usually has milk in it and she still won't drink it).


She is also starting to figure out buttons and light switches. She likes to flip the lights on and off, and every time she wakes up from a nap, she has to show me that she can push all the buttons on her singing mobile.
Addie also has a thing for climbing into stuff lately...not really sure why.

Adelyn has gotten very demanding lately, and when she doesn't get what she wants....you'll certainly hear about it! Besides the whining and complaining if I don't give her candy or cookies, it's sometimes nice that she can tell us what she wants.

video

3 comments:

Erica said...

I can totally see Wesley in her. Especially that picture of her in the crib!

Brewer's Ink said...

I love the stage when they climb into everything. I'd always find them in the craziest places, and they were happy as can be to be stuck there!

Matthew and Shanna said...

I love the picture of her in the sink with the toothbrushes! So cute! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, we need to hang out...