Monday, February 21, 2011

The dreaded word


It pretty much drives me nuts when kids learn to say "no". Especially when children learn to say it at a young age and then spit it at you when they don't want to do something. So it was my personal goal not to use that word unless she was doing something dangerous in hopes that she wouldn't learn that word. I have to say that my efforts worked better than I thought, considering we got this far (16 months tomorrow) but she learned to shake her head "no" first and that was actually sort of cute. But all of a sudden she started saying my dreaded word. Jared pointed out that it didn't help that her favorite book is "NO David"- which if you haven't read it, it's about David who gets into trouble and his mom tells him no on every page. Anyway, now she says it. Recently, tantrums are her new favorite (not mine) which are more difficult for me than I thought they would be- but only because I miss my little baby-the one who didn't throw tantrums. Good thing we are having another one I guess :) At least Adelyn gives hugs voluntarily all the time, that makes most everything all better!

video

And by the way, that was NOT a tantrum.....

2 comments:

Brad and Danielle said...

Haha. I have to admit her "no no no no" is really cute! It's definitely the age. Connor doesn't say no yet, thank goodness, but he's been into tantrums for several months already. Can't wait until they're 2!! (Not...)

Amy & Jorgen said...

Oh man this is not a stage that I am looking forward to!!!! Yikes! I hate it when they say no too!! But Addie is so stinkin cute!! :) Did Jared tell you that we are moving to Mesa in July?