Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cuteness Award

While I've always thought Adelyn was cute, it seems that lately I have a new appreciation for how darn cute this kid is! I don't know what it is, but everything she does just strikes me as so adorable! Anyways, here are just some of the reasons I think she wins the cutest kid award lately:

1. She is getting really good at eating with a spoon, even though much of it still ends up on more places than in her mouth.
2. While most girls her age (or older) lack hair, like her parents, Adelyn has no shortage of it.


3. She loves girly things. Jewelry, shoes, flowers, headbands, cheerleaders, clothes, dolls, nail polish(on me), purses- you name it and she will grab it with glee!


4. Hugs and kisses are her latest specialty. To people, rocks, dolls, plants, books, babies (even the one inside my tummy) deserve her affection- and we just eat it up!

5. She can now climb, although this is also scary, it's fun to find her in unexpected places sometimes.

6. Addie talks and signs in the cutest way! We taught her to say "help me" and it is just so adorable- we have to get that one on video!

7. She mimics a lot of what we do. When I brush my teeth, so does she.

8. She can do all the actions for "The Wheels On The Bus" which is her favorite book, song and object currently. It is an exciting day when we see any type of bus on our car rides!

I don't want to give the impression that I don't think any other kids are cute, or that we never have a frustrating moment...but I did just remember that whenever she is getting on my last nerve or is really irritating, my famous quote is, "It's a good thing you're cute...." (which I started saying to my infants in preschool- who were also pretty cute :)

2 comments:

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

Oh.... She IS so stinkin cute!!!!! Cute pics!!!!!

Eric and Rozanne said...

She is absolutely cute! I remember my kids going through those cute stages! Enjoy!