Wednesday, March 2, 2011

If you like to read...

Seems to me that without a good recommendation, sometimes a book isn't worth reading. And although I've had a lot of luck with just plucking books from the shelves that had promising covers, I've had my share of stupid, dirty, and time wasting books. Here are some that I have read in the past year or so that I have enjoyed. They are all sorts of genres and topics and several are teen reads so if you're a picky reader, feel free to ask details about them. Also, I just finished a book and therefore am in need of a recommendation myself! If you have any suggestions- let me hear them!

"While We're Far Apart" by Lynn Austin
"The Hunger Games" trilogy by Suzanne Collins
"The Witch Doctor's Wife" by Tamar Myers
"The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver
"Lost" by Jaqueline Davies
"Catch Me If You Can" by Frank Abagnale
"The House of the Scorpion" by Nancy Farmer
"The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini
"Drowning Ruth" by Christina Schwarz
"Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie
"Mother Had a Secret" by Tiffany Fletcher (LDS author, so probably not at Library)

3 comments:

iamthecheese said...

Three Cups of Tea
Boomsday or anything by Chris Buckley

Brad and Danielle said...

I've hear "The Help" is really good. Though I haven't read it yet, it's on my to-read list.

Thanks for the list! I will definitely get some of these!

Our Family said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I just got done with The Glass Castle which was excellent.