Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Adelyn, you are funny

Recently, Adelyn's favorite thing is to dress up and pretend. It's pretty amusing some of the outfits she puts together. Usually, a hat is the most important part of her attire. We love to see her so proud of herself!



The other day we were getting ready to head to the pool and I couldn't find her hat. I told Addie to go find it and she ran off real purposefully. So I naturally thought, "Great! She actually knows where it is!". No, she came back with her favorite bowl on her head instead :)
The other day Adelyn was wearing her cute new outfit and I wanted to take a picture of her in it. Even though the picture turned out cute, I felt sort of sad since it reminded me of a "first day of school" picture. Seems like she's getting big so quickly that kindergarten doesn't seem too far in the future anymore. I can't believe how much she's grown!
We've been spending a lot of time together lately (partly because it's extremely hot) and because we feel like this is the last "Addie time" for awhile. Jared and I have enjoyed the extra "silly time" before she goes to bed. We will be 38 weeks on Saturday.

3 comments:

Brad and Danielle said...

So cute and so fun! And I completely agree. They are getting way too big, way too fast. I can't believe you are only a couple weeks away from having your little boy! Good luck. We would love to come visit you guys in a few months. I will call you or Jared to set up some plans for sure.

P.s. when is the best time of year to visit the Grand Canyon? October? November? We miss you guys!

Rozanne said...

They really do grow too fast! And when the new baby comes, you will be surprised how big she suddenly seems. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the extra together time before the baby. Good luck with the new one.

Brewer's Ink said...

What a hoot! I LOVE the outfits and head attire that kids come up with. How's Little Miss Addie doing with the new baby?