Monday, October 24, 2011

Two years ago



Two years ago, a baby girl was born to two very anxious parents who had no idea how much change accompanies such a small bundle. I remember one of the nurses saying as she took our newborn, "Oh, this is a dramatic one!" and thinking why did she have to blurt out such a rude comment- especially when I'd just pushed her out and therefore wasn't in much of a humored mood. Though now, I wish i could hunt that nurse down to tell her that she couldn't have been more spot on.....at two years old, our little Adelyn is still a dramatic one!





I still can't fathom how quickly two years has passed and how many stages she's gone through that have turned her into a child so different from even her last birthday! I feel like i can't keep up with all the cute things she does and says- they come and go so quickly- so i just decided to write some of her favorites as of Saturday. I actually wrote down ahead of time what I thought her answers would be.....and you can see for yourself how well I actually know her :). First answer is mine, second is her response.
Addie's favorite:

Movies: Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, The Sword in the Stone
~watch Poppins (one point for the mama!)


TV Shows: Elmo's world, Mickey mouse Clubhouse

~Aladdin (not exactly a show.....but she's two after all)

Song: Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph

~"Listen to Poppins song?"


Color: Pink

~red (close enough, right??)


Food: Fruits and veggies

~"Eat pop pop?" (translation- otter pop)


Treat: Otter Pops and fruit snacks

~"Trick or treat coming!"


Toy: Prince and Princess figurines

~"Share with Charlie" and later "Princess"


Book: Polar Express Board Book

~Winnie the Pooh Book


Well apparently I don't know my daughter as well as I thought....we'll try again next year!
For her birthday we picked up balloons and decorated them all over the house and in her room while she was sleepig. We got the idea from Addie's friend's parents, Kiya and Chase, and we figured it would be fun for her since Adelyn loves balloons. I was a little disappointed that I jumped in the shower when she happened to wake up, so I missed it. But I made Jared promise to record it so I could see how excited she was supposed to be (she let me down on the excitement level, but I guess she'd just woken up, so I'll cut her some slack). She did however, enjoy playing with the balloons all day and carried them around everywhere.
That night we had Jared's french toast (her favorite meal) for dinner and invited my family to celebrate with us. She had cupcakes for her treat and then we went onto presents (which are always the most exciting thing anyways). Jared and I got her figurines to play with- she is really into playing with those lately. And my parents got her a fun pretend food set. Grandma Cindi sent a cute sparkle princess cat card with money inside so we can go pick out something fun! I think Adelyn really enjoyed her birthday and gifts.
Addie, we're so glad you were sent to our family and we love you so much! Happy birthday!
P.S. Adelyn kept saying "happy birthday dear Addie!".....from the birthday song, she is really picking up on lyrics lately and will often be caught singing lines from random tunes. Funny girl!

4 comments:

Brewer's Ink said...

Happy Birthday to our little cutie! I loved her responses to your questions, but I want to know is if she's going to be Mary Poppins for Halloween? You're right about not being able to keep up on all the cute things they do - it comes and goes so quickly.

Eric and Rozanne said...

That looks like an awesome food set! Happy Birthday Addie! Isn't it amazing how time flies.

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

So cute!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday Addie!!!!!!!!1

Brad and Danielle said...

Your kiddos are so so cute. I can't believe Addie is getting so big! And Dallin too! Time flies.

We are hoping to come visit you guys soon! We had some unexpected events come up this month (like Ady having her baby so I'm going down for another visit, and Brad is flying to Maryland next week for work - he's getting promoted and has to do training, to name a couple) so this month has been crazy. We want to come out and visit around February or March and hopefully everyone with be ready for some hiking in the Grand Canyon then. Hopefully it will still be fairly cool.

I'm glad to hear you are all doing well! We really miss you guys!