Thursday, January 19, 2012

Birthdays

Jared's birthday was yesterday- he turned 31! Wow! Thirty didn't seem weird to me- but 31 just seems a little crazy! He had a birthday when we were just friends and he was turning 27- I teased him then about being an old man- well, I guess we all get a older every year.....Since my brother is sort of a computer nerd and he is leaving on his mission in 2 weeks- we decided it was now or never to invest in a new computer (he built it for us). So Jared's birthday present was that new computer, along with a movie (the Adjustment Bureau) and a toy helicopter that he's had his eyes on since seeing them flying around at the mall. My parents actually got him that- and boy was he excited!


We had another birthday(or unbirthday- depending on how you look at it) in our house this month. Dallin turned 6 months! WOW, that flew! I am taking him in tomorrow for his doctors appointment so I don't know his stats yet, but here are some fun things to remember and stages he's in right now!

Loves: His Momma, being played with, stealing Addie's blanket (and hanging on tight when she tries to get it back), rolling all over the place, electronics, the "slippery fish" song, being carried
Hates: his nose being picked, shots, is starting to tolerate car rides
Eats: breast milk and baby food
Nicknames: Mister D, D Man, Slobber boy, Rolly Pollie, Tooter boy, Mister Man, The Human Steamroller
Personality Traits: Determined, laid back, always has to be where all the action is, always happy
Accomplishments: rolls non-stop, eats some baby foods, puts everything (and everyone's fingers in his mouth) sits up...sort of, is starting to grow some hair
Funny stories:  I hear Addie hollering, "Let go Dallin! That's mine!" and I look over to see Dallin clinging on to her blanket with a huge grin on his face while Addie's trying to yank it away. It took both of us to get it away from him- the kid's got quite a grip!
Whenever Addie starts playing with something, Dallin will immediately start rolling his way right to where she is so that he can start "playing" too. Addie is always less than thrilled as he starts slobbering all over them!
Whenever I leave anywhere and leave the kids with Jared, I always get a phone call saying Dallin won't go to sleep no matter what. The second I come home, and try putting him to bed, it takes 5 minutes...what can I say? He likes his momma!
 We just love having this bundle of joy in our house- what a fun guy to have around! P.S. notice the green grass Jared put in our back yard???



4 comments:

Shanna said...

So cute! I love that last picture of Addie and Dallin smiling at each other.

Amy said...

Darling pictures! The kids are getting so big! I am glad to hear that Jared had a great birthday! One of these days we need to get together!

Meredith Williams said...

I agree with Shanna, I love that last picture! So, so cute!

Eric and Rozanne said...

I love all the info about Dallin! One of these days I am actually going to meet your kids! We are coming to Utah the end of March! That is so funny that he steals Addie's blanket. They seem to know what means something. :)