Monday, February 6, 2012

Drama Queen

We have a little drama queen in our house lately. She knows what she wants and most of the time knows how to get it. Addie likes to state her recent found independence by changing her outfits frequently throughout the day. I guess this is one of those things I deserve since I hear that's all I did at her age too. Sorry mom and dad....I already had enough laundry before, and I'm sure you did too. The thing that just kills me is that our generous neighbors just gave us a bunch of their daughters outgrown clothes. They are super cute, but the only item in there that she wants or will wear are these hot pink princess jammies. And no, we don't wear them to bed- just everywhere else. If you've seen us lately, I'll bet 10 bucks she was wearing them.



We are also extremely verbal about everything these days I suppose that's about the only advantage/disadvantage about a chatty 2 year old. She talks non stop!  Some of the funny things she says or has said are:
"I not!"
"I not going!"
"I won't go!"
"I want to go to the mall"
"I won't wear these pants...their too busy!"
"Hey stinky boy" (Her usual greeting to Dallin)
"No Dallin! That's not for you!"
"Daddy gave toots!" (She likes to announce that whether or not it is indeed true :D)
"Addie can be Belle, Daddy, you be John? Mommy be Wendy? Okay, Dallin be Peter Pan"
"What is it?" (for EVERYTHING)
"uHHHHH.....Whats wrong Addie??"
"Which one do you like, mommy? Which one do you like, Addie?"
"Me try on these panties? Okay, you can wear them"
"It's not scary, just pretend"
"They're all clean now!" (usually referring to her dirty princess pants)
"Look what I found!"
"I want to watch something. Okay! Just a little second, you can watch it"
"Aw bummer"
"It's Addie's turn to pick a movie!" (can you tell she likes TV?)
"I don't like this song, it's not my favorite"


And we sing EVERYTHING! I wish I could record all the songs she sings all the time, but to name a few: Popcorn Popping, I am A Child of God, Little Einsteins theme song (below), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song, "How does She know that You Love her?" (song from Enchanted), Mary Poppins songs, Book Of Mormons Stories, "Like a Love Song" by Selena Gomez, and other songs haven't figured out the titles of yet. We love this new- found independent, funny, spunky two year old!

5 comments:

Erica said...

She has EVERY princess costume! That's awesome! lol I can hardly wait till we're in that stage... :)

The Colbys... written by Erin said...

she's so STINKIN' CUTE!!

Eric and Rozanne said...

WoW! She has lots of fun dress-up clothes. I can't blame her for changing her clothes so often. :) If I had that many clothes that I really liked, I might change a lot too. :) Funny girl! Glad you recorded the phrases because they change so quickly.

Meredith Williams said...

wow! She is talking a lot. Evelyn is the same way and gets dress about 10 times a day. It drives me crazy!

Brad and Danielle said...

So cute. I really love all the dress up clothes. She is adorable and so is Dallin! We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!