Monday, April 30, 2012

Disneylamb 2012

"Come on! Come on! You want to go to Disneylamb????" Is how our adventure started! Addie was pounding her head against the front door and saying that phrase over and over and over again. The anticipation was just too much for our Disney die-hard fan!


The kids did so very good the first two days at Disney and at the beach. Addie has a really hard time with change, so we were pretty nervous about all the lack of naps, irregular bedtimes, different beds, new things, and over stimulation. But we were shocked at how well she did- didn't have a single bathroom accident and Dallin did equally well considering babycenter.com warned me that at "9 months old, traveling may be very overwhelming".


Addie really liked eating at "The Blue Bayou" since we told her it was princess Tiana's restaurant- which is her favorite princess.


Addie had SO much fun at Dana Point beach- we were surprised that she just bounded into the water- never mind the cold temperature- and didn't even have an issue with getting wet or dirty (or cold). In previous times of taking her to the beach, she got scared half to death! So this was a big milestone for our little princess! (It might have also helped that there were no crashing waves...this was a "kid beach"). 


Dallin did great sleeping in the car! :) He and Dakota fell asleep on the way there(the beach) and we didn't have the heart to wake them. When Dallin finally woke up and Jared promptly introduced him to the water, he wasn't as thrilled as his sister though. :)












We got to stay with our good friends the Lee's and it was so much fun spending time with them! Our kids really got along well, and enjoyed playing together!
Despite all of the kids good behavior throughout the week, our last day at Disneyland (Saturday) was not our best. It was a bummer since my sister, Kara and her fiancee, Garrett, drove out to go with us- and I doubt they'll be in a hurry to do that again. Adelyn had 4 accidents and Dallin pooped about the same amount of times (which isn't a big deal unless you have a very wiggly 9 month old who doesn't want to get his diaper changed because he'd rather crawl all over the nasty bathroom floor!). They both delayed their naps, and around dinner they both finally passed out with exhaustion, only to wake up crabbier than before! In an effort to calm my screaming 2 year old down, i took her to a somewhat secluded spot which wasn't smart since she started peeing on me! Well I sure as heck didn't have any extra shirts and there was no way we would make it to the bathroom, so I did what any normal parent would do.....I ripped off her pants and let her pee on the sidewalk. Yeah, not my favorite moment as a parent- nor was it for the parent's around me, I'm sure. But what was I supposed to do??? Yeah....it was just one of those days. 


Not long after our get-to-know-you with the sidewalk, Dallin blew out of his pants again, wasn't laying still at all and when a lady came over and offered to help, I literally thrust him in her arms and told her this was the worst day ever and I just wanted it to be done! Poor lady probably thought I was crazy, she was very sympathetic though, and I really appreciated it! Actually, after Dallin went to bed, the night turned out not so bad! Addie stayed up until 11 and was requesting to go on her favorite rides until the very bitter end! Jared and I were able to go on some of the adult rides we'd not been able to ride thanks to Karett's generosity! So the day didn't end up being so bad. 





All in all, it was a really nice "vacation" (I'm pretty decided that until our kids are older, vacation isn't really the proper term) and we loved seeing family, friends, the beach, Disneyland, and all of our favorite princesses!



7 comments:

iamthecheese said...

Ahahahaha although it was a very bad, no good day for you, it made for a hilarious story! I loved the peeing on the sidewalk story. That's one to bring out for her first date.

My parents took us to Disneyland all the time growing up and we were at least as bad for them. We have several pictures of us "enjoying" Disneyland where we are screaming at the top of our lungs and everyone around is giving my parents dirty looks.

Erica said...

I'm really jealous of your Disneyland trip. I really wish we could have gone while we were in Cali. And it would have been fun to meet up with you guys too!

Kiya Jackson said...

Haha. Poor Aubrey. After our last family vacation I was thinking I never want to go on vacation again if I have to be the parent! :) I remember vacations as a kid- they were AWESOME...no responsibilities just there to have fun. I guess that's our job now as parents: do everything in our power (even if it's soooooo inconvenient) to allow our children the opportunity to make family,fun, filled memories. ha

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

The "Happiest place on earth!" Haha... sometimes huh! Glad you guys got to go and looks like a lot of fun minus the Saturday stuff!!! I LOVE DISNEYLAND and now I want to go!! :)

iamthecheese said...

Coachella is a music festival that is held in Indio, CA every year (since '91 or '94). It specializes in "indie" bands. This year, as you may have heard through fbook, there was the Dr. Dre/Tupac hologram performance. Anyway, it's just another concert festival in the long line of summer concert festivals.

Meredith Williams said...

One a fun and crazy week! I love your comment about vacations. Totally agree with you on that one.

Brad and Danielle said...

You are my hero. I know exactly how these days can be minus a second child to take care of as well) and believe me, no woman who has been there is judging you. We have all had days like that! But I'm glad that the majority of the days were good!

Before I had kids and I was working for LA City, my boss always told me how exhausted he was after his "vacations" because you are just taking care of your kids in a different location. They don't get easier for vacations (in fact, most of the time they get harder because of all the things you listed - different bed, messed up schedules, over stimulation, etc. etc.)

You are a fantastic mom! And you will look back at this when your kids are older and just laugh. My parents tell me I will actually miss these days, but I'm a little doubtful. :)