Friday, May 18, 2012

Famiy Pictures 2012

A  few weeks ago I finally got around to scheduling that our family pictures got taken. I've been wanting some nice ones for a long time now, and I especially wanted a friend in our ward to take them since I'd seen some of the photos she'd taken in the past. 


I was a little discouraged because everything seemed to be going wrong right before and during we got them done. Last minute clothing changes, location change, being late, kids not cooperating, Dallin eating leaves and dirt, Addie's borrowed skirt falling down, etc. Which was really difficult for me because I'd had this picture in my brain about how everything should be and look. I'm not too much of a perfectionist, but my sister is, and she actually told me when I was telling her about everything that went wrong that she could completely sympathize because that's how she felt for almost everything! haha I guess I should be grateful this was the first time I got so irritated like that. Needless to say, I was a little dissapointed and nervous to see how the pictures of our stubborn children looked when they were not smiling and looking off into nothingness.


So..... i just got them yesterday, and just like Anne reassured me, they actually turned out! No, the kids are not always looking at the camera or smiling, but I really really LOVE how they turned out!! They were exactly how I envisioned them to be and I actually kind of love how everyone is more candid because years from now, we'll remember how our family dynamic was at this point in our lives! Thank you, thank you Anne for capturing that!








6 comments:

Kiya Jackson said...

Love these! You guys look great! So many cute, genuine moments! And sorry that skirt was a mess for you! :)

Erica said...

So cute! We're getting ours done in June. I can't wait. :) I hope they turn out as cute as yours!

Nat said...

you guys look so great! i love your hair by the way.

Meredith Williams said...

LOVE them all! They are so cute! I'm just like you and get so frustrated when my kids are smiling and looking at he camera and then I realized that, that's not really them. They are super active children and so I've tried to have less expectations but it's so hard. So I love the one where Dallin is trying to climb on to the grass because that's totally his personality!

Brad and Danielle said...

Those are so cute! If you hadn't told the crazy back story, I never would have guessed that everything was going wrong before these were taken. I think the one of Addie and Jared together on the grass is adorable!!! Everyone looks so calm and sweet. Way to pull it together and put on a happy face even though it was stressful. These pictures really turned out cute!

Rozanne said...

Great pictures! I do like how they show your family dynamics too! Still loving your hair Aubrey!