Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Yum!

I don't consider myself that great of a cook. I do pretty good at following directions, and I do like trying new recipes, when they come my way, but being somewhat picky discourages me from branching out. Actually, I'm a lot less picky than I've ever been (probably thanks to Jared- he's always encouraging me to try new stuff) so I will try recipes if I've heard they taste good, the picture is enticing, I know the ingredients, and it doesn't call for too many pricey ingredients. Which leads me to this wonderful dinner goodness!! Super easy, super yummy and definitely my new favorite which we will be eating every Sunday from now on!


Pepsi Pot Roast
1 pork pot roast (looks like a beef pot roast.....i had to ask)
1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix
1 can of cream of mushroom
1 small bottle of pepsi (the size that's refrigerated towards the checkout lines)
carrots
onion
potatoes


Grease crock pot and put pork and veggies inside. Sprinkle with onion soup mix and add cream of mushroom (spread around). Pour bottle of pepsi inside. I know....I thought the pepsi was weird too, but you won't regret it!! Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours. 


*I cooked it for 10+ hours and it was amazing! My personal opinion is the longer the meat cooks in a crock pot, the yummier*


**Also, I found this recipe but can't remember where, it was one of the recipe sites I have listed on the right of my blog- sorry!* *


Try it and let me know what you think!

No comments: