Saturday, October 18, 2014

Family Pictures 2014


This year we got our family pictures done pretty early. Since I wanted to get some pictures of Trevin for his first birthday, I just decided it would be easier on everyone to combine getting his pictures done, and doing our annual family photo-shoot. 

As it always goes, the stress of cordinating outfits was kinda getting to me, but I tried not to get too carried away, especially since we didn't really have the budget to go all out. Jared and I actually wore the same outfits- just jazzed up a little to give variety and appear like it wasn't a copy of the prior year :). I only bought Dallin & Addie a new outfit since they didn't have anything remotely "fall" so all in all, it didn't cost too much.
The photo-shoot began chaotic starting at home trying to get the whole circus (our family) dressed and hair done. NOBODY seemed to like what I had picked out for them to wear and was audibly complaining about it. I have to give Jared extra husband points because he wasn't thrilled about having to wear his attire when it was 92 degrees outside (remember we're pretending its actually autumn!!) but to make me happy, he wore what I had set out even though I'd lovingly told him he could wear something else. I was really appreciative that he was a good sport about it and didn't argue about the whole thing....He knows how to make me happy :). 

Yeah, if you thought the grumbling ended once they were all dressed, you'd better think again! Minutes after Jared styled Dallin's hair, Dallin had put his Yoda hat on and ruined it so Jared had to do it again. Then we heard some more complaining on the way there and throughout the whole photoshoot. Prior to this, I was imagining a fun time where we were playing and having a grand-ole time but that was simply not how anyone was behaving! Dallin flat out refused to look happy in most his pictures, Trevin was having a hard time walking in the shoes I'd thrown on his feet for the first time ever (way to think ahead, huh??) and Addie was picking out all the weeds that'd gotten stuck in her shoes. Not my most favorite hour ever. 




HOWEVER, the wonderful Kayla somehow captured the rare seconds when we all....okay some of us....looked slightly jolly. Thank goodness she did a great job!! I really like getting family pictures done each year because they have a way of capturing our family dynamic during that time. Plus, they're fun to look back on at years past- and I like recent photos hanging on my walls! WHEW! So glad those are done for this year!! :)









1 comment:

Meredith Williams said...

They turned out so cute! I love the color and outfits you chose! Such a pretty family!