1. Dallin stopped napping last week. It was a very very hard decision considering the kid gladly went down for a nap each day. However, he was then up every night until 10 pm wide awake. A losing battle either way- I decided nights were what I wanted more. So, life's been a tough adjustment around here!
2. Addie got officially signed up for real preschool! She ended up getting into a home preschool that an amazing lady teaches- who happens to be in our ward. It is extremely difficult for a child to get into her class (small class sizes and high demand) unless they've been on her waiting list for a few years (which Addie had been & Dallin's been on there since birth!). I am nervous about the transition of a having set schedules to work around, but I'm excited for her too- I think she'll love it!
3. Trevin has become mobile! He turned 7 months and has been taking his time, but he can sit up, roll over like machine, and is trying to crawl. He scoots backwards and does this funny thing where he pushes up on his hands and tippy toes. My kid does push ups, what does your kid do??? ;-) I'm still trying to get a picture for proof!
4. I bought a piano! I got it for a steal of a deal ($100) and it's in great condition! The outside is a little battered- but I actually like it- the instrument has personality :). I love playing on it and have become dedicated to daily practice. The 4 pm hour is my practice time! I recently have been called as primary secretary- which was really overwhelming at first since I haven't really ever served in primary. However, I'm starting to get the hang of things and am starting to enjoy it. I like sitting in primary after all my duties are temporarily done- I like spying on my kids and hearing the input from children during their sharing time lessons. I recently also did a couple of projects to spice up the decor around here!
5. Jared has been busy with work and exercise lately. He found a work out buddy so that's been good to get him out the door after the kids are in bed and I think he likes having a friend to talk to. This last Sunday brought us a big change for the family- Jared has been called as Elder's Quorum president! Jared is probably one of the hardest workers I know (or have ever seen) so I have no doubt that our Elder's Quorum is in good hands. He has been excited to get things started and dive into his new calling!
|This was taken the day before he got called- not sure I'll see him that relaxed for a LONG time ;-)|